Saladin, with its predecessor KMS Ltd, has provided security services since 1975. It was the original company to offer specialist security services in difficult and high risk areas of the world.
Early years saw Saladin providing protection for many overseas governments, and for the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office. The company worked extensively in Africa and the Middle East, but provided services on all continents, including for nine Heads of State and for many government dignitaries.
Towards the end of the 1980s the company reorganised, developed and extended its range of conventional security services and started working consistently with commercial companies. The oil & gas industry and mining companies continue to be important clients.
The company is staffed primarily by ex-members of the Armed Forces and Police, who have great experience of the relevant skills and systems. Specialists in other disciplines are brought in as necessary.
Saladin’s maritime security department has extensive experience of providing maritime security solutions, operational support and strategic advisory services to ship owners and the offshore oil and gas sector.
Ship Security Details
Saladin can offer armed or unarmed guards on board ships transiting through high risk areas of concern. Highly qualified and experienced personnel are used for training, consultancy and guarding tasks.
The following qualifications are applicable:
- ISPS Combined Security Officer (Ship, Port & Company Security Officer-SSO, PFSO & CSO)
- First Aid at Work (FAW) individually – with at least one First Person on Scene (FPOS-I) per 4-man team or VSD.
- STCW 95.
- ENG1 seafarers medical certificate.
- RYA VHF short range radio (SRC) certificate.
- RYA Radar qualification.
Saladin can carry out audits of vessels, ports and port facilities, and offshore energy platforms in order to identify physical and technical security requirements and then make recommendations.
Saladin operates within a clear legal framework derived from local laws, Codes of Conduct and Industry-recognised regulations. Applicable laws and guidelines come from:
- IMO Best Management Practice (BMP) - version 4.
- The International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers (ICoC).
- Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) Notice to Mariners (NTM) 298-2.
- US Coast Guard (USCG) Maritime Security (MARSEC) Directive 104-6 (PSA2-09 revision 3).
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO) MSC.1 Circ. 1390 - Industry Guidance for CSOs.
- United Nations Convention on Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) 1982.
- Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) regulations.
- International Flag and Port state regulations.
LONDON HEAD OFFICE
The Saladin Group
7 Abingdon Road
London, W8 6AH, UK
Telephone: +44 (0)20 73762655
Fax: +44 (0)20 79375805
Saladin Security Afghanistan Ltd
North Gate International Compound
Telephone: +93 (0)799 350 350
Saladin Ghana Ltd
Shippi close (near to NAFTI)
Telephone: +233 248 187 648
Saladin Iraq Ltd
Villa 6/9, Al-Jaderia
Telephone: +964 782 714 8568
Saladin Kenya Ltd
Hardy Office Park
Saladin Somalia Ltd
Hardy Office Park
Securite Sans Frontieres (Pty) Ltd
1 Waterhouse Place
Telephone: +27 (0) 82 461 1532
Fax: +27 (0) 13 790 3334
Veterans Security Services Ltd
Telephone: +211 956902794, +211 955105095
(Roaming) +44 (0)7852 965141
Jumeirah Business Centre 2
Jumeirah Lake Towers
Telephone: +971 (0)553160712