We Protect Superyachts and Ships
Against Piracy & International Terrorism.
- Counter Piracy
- Crew Training
- New Build Consultancy
- Superyacht Security
- Oil, Gas & Energy
The transition of Somalia from a military dictatorship to fractional fiefdoms of military rule has contributed to the deterioration of security in the Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean.
The resulting increase in hijackings in 2008 was initially restricted to those vessels that strayed too close to land: this is now no longer the case.
Piracy has spread throughout the Indian Ocean and further afield including the South China Sea and the Gulf of Guinea.
To combat this threat, we provide experienced Counter-Piracy teams who offer 24-hour protection. We establish a security plan specific to each vessel, construct physical security measures, and train the crew in counter-piracy procedures.
We understand the cultural diversities of a Superyacht crew, and we structure each course to meet the needs of your yacht, owner and crew. Training might cover security chaperone responsibilities, close protection or advanced restraint techniques. By using realistic role-play scenarios, we’ll teach crew members skills that will remain relevant throughout their career.
What participants get:
• Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) accredited, internationally recognised certification.
• MCA approved instructors.
• Understanding of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) code. Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) or Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) qualifications.
• Ships Security Officer (SSO) qualification and continued support.
• Training in current piracy tactics and effective counter measures.
• Practical security procedures and how to create a security culture on-board.
• Conflict resolution: dealing with hostile situations on-board or ashore.
• Basic self-defence and physical intervention techniques.
• Principles of travel security.
• Team building exercises to improve performance and crew efficiency.
• Bespoke course materials and workbooks.
We developed a range of security services for Superyachts of all sizes (power and sail), and have grown to become an industry-leader in maritime security and emergency response.
“As always, Veritas are extremely professional and courteous in all aspects of the security they provide. They really did go that extra step in ensuring that I was fully up to speed on the current status of the piracy operations as well as making myself, the crew and shore-based management feel safe and secure whilst crossing this hostile stretch of water.”
– Captain 60m Yacht