Our maritime security capability focuses on providing our corporate clients with professional, comprehensive maritime security capabilities, that protect their interests from piracy and terrorism. Our team members have experience operating in both private industry and government sectors.
We can provide armed/unarmed security teams onboard vessels to help them develop and implement passive security measures and increase the level of security of the vessel.
We develop armed protection services and provide qualified and experienced armed security teams onboard vessels, to help them transit safely through the High Risk Area. Our industry specialists are dedicated to operate and comply with international standards and regulations. Armed Maritime Officers keep 24/7 watches and assure the protection of vessel, the mitigation against the threat of piracy and boost the confidence of crew.
Our security consultants advise on counter piracy tactics, act as a deterrent, recognize potential threats and provide required defensive actions to deny any attempted act of piracy.
Furthermore we offer custom made solutions of armed and unarmed services for private clients. All of the above services can be implemented accordingly for the safe passage through the HRA by private yachts, which may be used by owners and executives from any corporation. Security requirements in private yachts are diverse and unique and we are capable to adapt and satisfy needs of yacht owners and their guests. Our services ensure safety to any hostile activity.
We offer the following services as well as individual bespoke designed security solutions:
- Counter-piracy solutions
- Maritime Security Surveys
- Voyage Planning
- Intelligence Reports
- Hardening of Ships defenses
- Provision of armed Maritime Security Teams to protect merchant and passenger vessels in High-Risk Areas (HRA)
- Efficient and precise implementation of BMP on board
- Training and further education of crews in piracy high risk areas
- Compilation and implementation of security concepts for offshore facilities
ZEFYROS anti-piracy services have been accredited, approved and delivered in line with:
- ISO 9001:2008
- Security Association for the Maritime Industry (SAMI)
- International Association of Maritime Security Professionals (IAMSP)
- International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS)
- Best Management Practices (BMP4)
- UNCLOS - United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (1982)
Our personnel are carefully selected from ex-Special Forces and Law Enforcement Officers and possess minimum requirements of the following:
- Passport (valid for 6 months minimum)
- Ship Security Officer (SSO)
- STCW95 course (4 modules)
- Seaman's Discharge book
- Criminal Record Bureau (CRB)
- ENG1 Seafarer’s Medical
- Yellow fever certificate
- Drug and Alcohol Test
- Military reference/Proof of military service
- ZEFYROS briefing day/BMP4/SOP/RUF