The Columbia Group (TCG), a technical services company with a successful +50 year history of providing the United States military with engineering, design and related support services, is seeking Marine Engineers in various disciplines to join our team in support of a proposed shipboard maintenance automation contract. The system consists of both shipboard and ashore maintenance systems with various modules and functions that work together to optimize fleet maintenance. The proposed team will consist of a Maintenance Systems Program Manager, Marine Electrical Engineers, Marine Mechanical Engineers, Marine Surveyors, Automation / Controls Engineers, Materials Engineers and Safety Inspectors will be responsible for system operation, performance, upgrades, and installations on an existing fleet of ships.
The ideal candidates will perform assessments, inspections and provide recommendations in the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out the sequence of related technical/management tasks. They will also prepare reports and other documentation as required.
- A minimum of 5 years' actual sea service sailing under that license on board a USCG certificated ship
- Possess an ISM Auditor Certification or a valid OCIMF Ship Inspector Accreditation or a current Certified Safety Professional accreditation issued from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals.
- A minimum of four years of experience conducting audits IAW ISM Code.
- Shall also demonstrate experience with SOLAS, Life Saving Appliance Code, International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code, CFR 33, CFR 46, MARPOL, and Fire Safety System Code.
- Willing to travel frequently, both CONUS and OCCUNUS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD government security clearance